No Heat Emergency in Toronto
When there is no heat in your home it can be a particularly stressful time – not only is this potentially dangerous, it may also cause the pipes to freeze.
This type of problem needs to be fixed quickly and at Leaside Plumbing we’re here to help with our “no heat” emergency service that is available 24/7.
Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try yourself when you’re dealing with a no heat emergency:
- You may need to change the thermostat battery, even if the display screen is working.
- Make sure your thermostat is turned to “heat”, and not “cool” or in the “off” position.
- Turn the thermostat up a few degrees to see if the heating system comes on.
- If there is no power to the boiler, check the circuit breaker in your electrical panel, and reset it.
- If you have a fuse box, replace the fuse and turn the thermostat up again.
- Make sure all appliance vents are clear – your furnace may turn off if there is snow or ice blocking the vents.
- Check the furnace pilot light – if it’s off, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to turn it on.
When to call a Heating Technician
If none of the above tips solves your problem, contact Leaside Plumbing and a licensed and certified heating technician will appear at your door quickly to fix the problem.
Most heat emergencies are usually caused by problems with gas burners or controls, and we have the expertise and experience needed to get your furnace running again.
We also can provide you with temporary heaters while the problem is being fixed.
Boiler maintenance is also something we recommend at the start of each heating season – not only do we perform important safety checks, at Leaside Plumbing we will keep you informed of any potential issues that could occur in the winter months ahead.